The Winter School on Design Science (WSDS) offers an intensive 5-day program focusing on design theory and methodology across a variety of design domains. WSDS brings together students, researchers, and faculty from diverse disciplines to exchange ideas, discuss, and learn about the latest design theories, methods, tools, and innovations. The program consists of:
1) a series of lectures on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday,
2) a research workshop on Wednesday, including faculty talks and student presentations,
3) a team-based research project and paper development.
The WSDS is designed to inspire participants to make connections between design science and design practice across various fields. It also serves as a platform for students, researchers, and faculty to broaden their academic networks and foster future collaborations.
Who Should Attend
Students and early-stage researchers, who are delving into research topics, theories, methods, and seeking collaborators. Course language is English.
- Gain a profound understanding of existing design theories, models, and methods that are applicable across domains and disciplines.
- Establish connections with like-minded individuals and collaborators for Design Science research and design innovation.
- Engage in collaboration with fellow participants on an interdisciplinary research project and paper.
Participants will be awarded a certificate upon attending all lectures, and participating in the workshop.
- Application form: on the right-hand side of this page
- Application deadline: October 31st, 2023
- Notification: Applicants will be informed about acceptance and payment details before November 5th, 2023
- Registration fee: US$2,000, with a discounted rate of US$1,600 for members of the Design Society. This fee covers course-related costs, a reception on Monday and dinner on Wednesday. Note that students are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.